Brady WHL 1978

Brady WHL 1978

Monday, 28 December 2015

Arsenal 2 Bournemouth 0

Well done the boss and the boys. To celebrate, here's three negatives for you!

1. Chambers did well, but in that way when a new player comes in a doesn't make any mistakes and does the simple things well. A bit like David Hillier did in 1991 when he came in and replaced was it Rocky who was by that time playing in the centre? Hillier did fantastically and held the fort which helped us to the title, but to be honest wasn't the answer to anything.

2. I'm a bit down on the Ox at the moment. His energy and willingness to run in a way only highlighted my current worry that he is actually quite lacking in the decision making department - I know 'football intelligence' is a frowned on phrase since Chris Waddle used it about Theo, but I actually quite like it. And think it might be the Ox's problem, despite his intelligence off the field.

3. The result made my day, and I really enjoyed the game and Ozil's goal particularly. But just before he scored I thought we were pretty poor, low energy, low aggression and no better than much of the WBA, Norwich or Southampton games. Onwards and upwards!